Monday, March 5, 2018

Growth Mindset: Read an Article

25 Ways to Develop a Growth Mindset by Sara Briggs

I was struck after reading just the first one. I am not someone who confronts or deals with things. I like to brush them under the rug and pretend they never happened. This mentality affects a lot of the things involved in this list, so I have plenty to fix. I definitely don't see challenges as opportuinites, either. I'm SO TIRED of challenges :) I like when things are easy, and I don't have to work as hard. However, I do like the sense of accomplishment after I finish something that was challenging. I also seek approval from EVERYONE. I am such a people-pleaser despite my denial.. I simply want everyone to be happy. That means trying to get everyone to approve my actions. I'm going to strive to make a new goal for every goal I accomplish. It'll stop me from becoming too lazy.

Every failure can be turned into a lesson. Image: Pixabay

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jency! I like your response to the growth mindset section. I relate a lot to what you said about being a people pleaser and liking to brush things under the rug. I can definitely relate to that. As for right now, I know things are hectic as the semester ends. I will probably look into the article you shared in your post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete