Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Reading Notes: American Indian Fairy Tales, Part A

I know these were American Indian fairy tales, but the moment I read "Iagoo", I immediately thought of Iago from Aladdin and had a good feeling about my story. I liked that there was a South Wind to counter the North Wind; it illustrates the importance of balance. I also like  Shin-ge-bis's boldness; he reminded me of David when he was the only one to fight and then defeat Goliath. I wish Oweenee's sisters were more supportive of her, though. It's a great thing to look at a guy's heart and not just his appearances. I'm glad she stuck to her guts, and eventually got the best of all the siblings' husbands simply because her love was the purest. I also really liked the descriptive imagery towards the end, describing the green forests and the yellow, rolling prairies.
The rolling prairies were swarming with buffalo. Image: Wikimedia Commons 

No comments:

Post a Comment