Monday, April 23, 2018

Reading Notes: Beowulf, Part B

So for this week, I continued reading Beowulf!
Firstly, the part with the monster just walking around was pretty terrifying. Of course, at the same time, Beowulf is also having a nightmare. I didn't realize their first encounter would be so soon. I'm so surprised that no one else woke up though, even if magic was at work.. I liked that Beowulf didn't kill him, but at least, got the upper hand in that fight, which was a little too gruesome for me. I like his fighting spirit. Of course, Grendel has a mother who sounds just as terrifying as him. I thought Grendel would be the only climax to this part, so I like that they gave him more challenges. How sad that he had to die, but I'm glad he did it victoriously.

See? Super creepy. Image: Stories of Beowulf

No comments:

Post a Comment