Friday, April 27, 2018

Reading Notes: Italian Popular Tales, Part A

For the extra-credit reading this week, I went with Italian Popular Tales. As always, I'm a sucker for all things princess. Sisters can never be a good thing in these stories.. I think it's so tragically ironic that the youngest daughter asked for something so simple and pure compared to the other two, yet that's what led to her father's predicament. It's so different from Beauty and the Beast, but I recognize a few similarities here and there. It does suck that she chose to marry him simply because he had the power to heal her father. I liked the last story; I think I've read another version of it, and I liked that the snake was defeated by his own ideas.
Always the villain, never the hero.. Image: Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment