Monday, April 30, 2018

Reading Notes: Italian Popular Tales, Part B

For the extra credit reading this week, I wanted to finish up the Italian Stories from last week! I'm glad Master Francis had "incomparable courage" because if it were me, I would most definitely have run at the idea of a strange voice coming from a strange hole in the ground.. Wow, I never would have guessed the man was Pilate. What an interesting reveal, but so sad for the poor carter. Pilate was "neither saved nor damned". What a fate. So, the second story had me cringing from the start. Incest- no bueno. I was laughing at the poor sexton who could not catch a break, even though he wasn't exactly being careful, just putting everything on benches. I honestly did not expect the story to actually end happily, but hey, good for him. He got the dog hair.
Image result for dog
How could such a little cutie make a man run in circles to heal him? Image: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment