Monday, April 30, 2018

Wikipedia Trail: From Puss in Boots to the Oscars

Since my reading for last week was Puss in Boots, I decided to start with him. I wanted to learn more about the original fairy tale, where he was also known as "The Master Cat" which seems fitting. Perrault was apparently not the first one to use a trickster cat as a hero, as Puss in Boots has been used. From there, I decided to learn more about the movie Shrek. This was one of my favorite movies when I was growing up, and Puss in Boots was a great addition. I cannot believe it actually came out in 2001... It feels like just yesterday that I was watching it for the first time. Apparently, it won the first ever Oscar for Best Animated Feature, which is an awesome acclamation. So, I decided to look at the other movies that have won the same honor. Inside Out, Zootopia, and Coco have won for the past three years. It's cool to see that so many different movies can be successful in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment